Like This Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Olympics 2008: Learning Chinese is Fun

NTD_TV.Image via WikipediaI recently discovered New Tang Dynasty TV (NTDTV) on Youtube, and I am really enjoying it. With the upcoming Olympics in China, I found some videos by NTDTV to be especially timely.

Learning Chinese is Fun

Episode 1 - 10:10


Episode 2 - 12:14


A friend who regularly does business in China told me once that when you learn Chinese it is crucial to pay careful attention to pronunciation as one word can mean many different things based solely upon its pronunciation. He gave an example with a word that had, I think, 6 different meanings based upon pronunciation. One was 'horse' and one was something he wouldn't define but said it was something bad.

Though the show is geared towards children from grades K-2, I think even adults can benefit from the repetition and easy pace. If you need it for business or something important I would suggest a different method of learning - but for casual knowledge and interest, this show is a great fit.


Zemanta Pixie

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2011 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.