Like This Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Monday, December 29, 2008

The United States No More – Russian Prediction

An interesting article in the Wall Street Journal caught my attention last night. In it, a Russian professor predicts the division of the United States, with each part joining up with or being ruled by a foreign entity. While I do not believe it would ever come to that, I can see some states wanting to separate. However, again, I do not really think it will come to that.

With the article is a map illustrating how Prof. Igor Panarin believes the U.S. will be divided. First question: If this came to pass, would you stay where you are or would you move to a specific region in order to be affiliated with a different country? In this illustration, there is no longer a U.S. section – all are under or affiliated with other countries.

I would have to move, and my move would be in an eastern direction – though I am not sure how far east I would move.

Second question: What do you think the likelihood is of the U.S. becoming a divided nation?

Source:
As if Things Weren’t Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.
In Moscow, Igor Panarin’s Forecasts Are All the Rage; America ‘Disintegrates’ in 2010
Andrew Osborn. Wall Street Journal (online). December 29, 2008
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2011 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.