Like This Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Monday, December 10, 2007

How Monopoly® Saved Lives

I just finished reading this story, How Board Game Helped Free POWs by Brian McMahon, and I admit, big baby that I am, my eyes are tearing up at the undeniable patriotism, courage, and love that was involved in creating this special version of the Monopoly® game for soldiers.

I am so grateful for people such as these who get involved, at tremendous risk to themselves, and do 'the right thing'. Any one of these people, organizations, or companies could have refused to participate, thus potentially ending any chance of the plan succeeding. Any one of these people, organizations, or companies could have spilled the beans and ruined the plan. Everyone involved took incredible chances: risking their safety, their lives, and their businesses.

I love stories like this one! What amazing people - true heroes.

I can't help but wonder, in today's seemingly self-serving and lawsuit-happy society, would such a thing occur again?

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2011 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.