In a radio interview on March 20, 2008, Obama's racist views were again shown for what they are when he commented that his white grandmother was a 'typical white person' in her feelings/reactions to blacks.
Gimme a break.
The Obama camp is shouting about racism and stereotypes needing to be overcome - and yet here he is, with his own lips, spewing stereotypical racism.
Listen to it HERE.
For the record, 'typical' is defined as
- exhibiting the qualities or characteristics that identify a group or kind or category; "a typical American girl"; "a typical suburban community ...
- conforming to a type; "the typical (or normal) American"; "typical teenage behavior"
Racism is defined as
- Prejudice or discrimination based on an individual's race; can be expressed individually or through institutional policies or practices. ...
- or racialism is a form of discrimination based on race, especially the belief that one race is superior to another. ...
- The belief that one 'racial group' is inferior to another and the practices of the dominant group to maintain the inferior position of the dominated group. Often defined as a combination of power, prejudice and discrimination.
Stereotype is defined as
- a standardized mental picture that is held in common by members of a group that represents an oversimplified opinion, prejudiced attitude, or ...
- An exaggerated image of the characteristics of a particular group. Phrase coined by Walter Lippmann (1922) to describe “pictures in our head”
- an exaggerated belief that can be positive or negative but generalizes without allowing for differences.
- A conventional image or characterization that is widely accepted.
- Ethnic stereotypes are fixed, oversimplified ideas about an entire group. A stereotype may contain a "kernel of truth," but this kernel becomes exaggerated and rigidly applied to the entire group.
This 'typical white person' has no problem with people of other races, creeds, colors, religions, etc. I only have problems with idiots, racists, and other stupid and/or hateful people. When I see you coming, I won't care what color you are - but I will care if you act in a way that I perceive as creepy or threatening - which can occur regardless of your gender, race, creed, color. Hassle me and I will kick yer tushy. I am an equal-opportunity creepy hassler butt-whooper. Everyone else gets a smile and a friendly 'hello'.
Is anyone else sick to death of the race card being played over and over and over? If you are running for president of the ENTIRE country, which is comprised of colors and races other than blacks, you need to represent us ALL - yes, even us 'typical white people'. We are all AMERCIANS - you know, the 'melting pot' thing? Try thinking in those terms for a change, Senator Obama.